Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Raquel Allegra: The girl who started the trend

raquelAllegra1
I've been noticing so much deconstruction and shredding and running in fabrics lately. It's like we're having this group reaction to the times in which we live. But there is always someone who is slightly ahead of the curve. In my opinion, Raquel Allegra (that's her in the photo!) is one of those people. She doesn't just run her tights but carefully handcrafts individual pieces into works of art. I met her when she presented her F/W collection last spring. She has the kind of energy that makes you wish she lived on the East Coast so she could be your friend...but alas she lives in Los Angeles. Maybe if I went to hang with her I could actually visit the City of Angels and enjoy it. Anyways, please check out my interview with her HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy