Sunday, January 23, 2011

self portrait sunday -it's a wang thang

It is FREEZING in NYC. BEYOND FREEZING. Which I hate because it's miserable but also because it's so hard to find a coat that is warm and doesn't make you look like you're wearing a sleeping bag. Lately I've really been into menswear – which is perfect since it has been on the runways. But as a petite female it's really difficult to find things with a boyish cut that aren't way too big. And I absolutely hate how many women's coats and button up shirts have darts up the front or at the bustline when I want a flat front. (like I have naturally so I don't want to have "air boobs" when I sit down and the jacket will puff out where bigger breasts should be!)
Leave it to Alexander Wang to come up with the perfect coat: It's flat in front but tapers down so I don't drown in it and it stops above my knee so I'm not drowning in it. And the fuzzy wool looks like my favorite childhood stuffed animal after my grandmother washed it in the washing machine...matted but in a good way! Worn with: gifted Hue leggings, Jeffrey Campbell boots, gifted Bindya scarf, Banana Republic cashmere cap, Kate Spade bag and (as always) my D&G sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy