Friday, March 6, 2009

Should this trend be saved?


There are some parts of these looks that we love (like the intense blue of the eyeshadow on the two girls on top) But what is up with feathery/flim-flam hair pieces? I know they're all over Etsy and have been featured at one point or another in all teen girl and younger fashion magazines...but I'm not convinced they make anyone look like anything but a hopeless trend follower. But go ahead and convince me I'm wrong.


The only thing that (I thought) was redeeming about these hairpieces is that they weren't yet another heinous '80s revival. Alas. I thought wrong. Here is the original Barbie and the Rockers straight from the '80s. Note the headgear. And they each came with alternate headbands too...ummm...don't ask me how I know this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy