Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lady Gaga: 'I have never had plastic surgery'


When Lady Gaga appears with horns protruding from her face, head or shoulders, just know one thing: She was born that way.

The eccentric performer made that claim in the May issue of Harper's Bazaar during what journalist Derek Blasberg called the only "'tense" part of their interview.

"Well, first of all," she began when he asked how long it takes to achieve the look, "they're not prosthetics. They're my bones."

"They've always been inside of me, but I have been waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am," Lady Gaga explained, adding that everyone else was born that way, too.

"We all have these bones!" she insisted. "They're the light from inside of us."

But make no mistake, Gaga isn't suggesting any of her fans should get plastic surgery in order to replicate her unique look.

"I have never, ever encouraged my fans or anyone to harm themselves, nor do I romanticize masochism," the 25-year-old said.

"I have never had plastic surgery, and there are many pop singers who have," she went on. "I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification."

And while Lady Gaga is aware her look is often misinterpreted, she said her "little monsters" undoubtedly get it.

"My fans know me. They would never hurt themselves," she said. "And if they have hurt themselves, they come to me and say, 'Gaga, I want to stop, and your music helps me want to stop. Your music makes me want to love myself.' I am in no way promoting sadomasochism or masochism."

But, in the interview at least, the singer does promote the Big Apple after a disastrous temporary move to Los Angeles.

"I had all these No. 1 records, and I had sold all these albums, and it was sort of this turning point: Am I going to try and embrace Hollywood and assimilate to that culture?" Gaga recalled.

"I put my toe in that water, and it was a Kegel-exercise vaginal reaction where I clenched and had to retract immediately," she described. "I ran furiously back to New York, to my old apartment, and I hung out with my friends, and I went to the same bars."

But Lady Gaga isn't about to retreat back into her egg shell anytime soon.

"You can quote me on this," she told Blasberg. "People love you when they think you won't be around for very long, and people hate you when they can't get rid of you. But I'm not going anywhere." (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy