Sunday, April 10, 2011

Self Portrait Sunday with blue hair & Brahmin bag

Okay, I haven't done one of these for awhile so thought I'd post a photo of myself–especially because I'm thrilled with my new blue hair! I am a "bleach until death" blonde who knows nice looking natural haircolor post puberty is an oxymoron. At sixteen I started bleaching my blondness and never looked back! But even I can get a bit bored with the single process hair color. So I put my tresses in the hands of Shannon Goodrum, Creative Director at Pimps & Pinups Salon on the lower east side. We decided to do a partial blue but underneath the blonde. And with grayish undertones so it will eventually fade to that crazy chic pale gray-blue.

Along with the new haircolor I'm carrying this brilliant bag by Brahmin that was recently gifted to me as part of the Vogue Influencer's program. I love the glazed finish (the color is Oyster) and that it's seriously large enough to carry my camera equipment –even during fashion week. No longer will I carry my sad little black canvas tote and a handbag.

The maxi-dress is from H & M and while it's a little short, I think it's a good length for me as I'm only 5'3". I'm also wearing my favorite leather jacket by YaYa Aflalo...
Me with Shannon outside the salon. By the way, if you mention Style Defined when you go through April you can get 10% off a cut or blow out. Send me a before & after and I'll post it as well!
And a better view of the blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy