Sunday, May 30, 2010

Heroin Heroine

heroin
First, I apologize for not posting yesterday. Life has been a bit crazed as of late - but it's all good. And today's post is a little different as well. My friends at American Apothecary started designing t-shirts (like the one I'm wearing above) that showcase drugs that are now illegal or unhealthy but were once considered medicinal such as heroin, cigarettes (given to asthmatic children) and cocaine. With these daring designs, they hope to expand the public’s knowledge of our dubious pharmacological past and encourage people to consider what the future opinion of today’s widely prescribed drugs will be. Personally I think we're turning our children into zombies or speed freaks by deciding that they're all suffering from ADHD instead of admitting that they just need to get outside and burn energy. Leave those drugs to the club kids that really need them! (I'm kidding...kind of)


Anyways, I’m giving away two of these great shirts to two readers. All you have to do to enter is make a comment below or follow me -  @katya_NYC and @a_apothecary on Twitter! I've never done a giveaway before, so if you like this one I'll do others. ps the t-shirts are ridiculously soft as well. xo katya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy