Friday, May 14, 2010

How to wear a dress with jeans and not look like a hippie 101

elizabeth1
Okay, so that's an absurdly long post title...but, it is what it is. Anyways, remember a few summers ago when dresses over jeans was really popular in that Cali/surfer girl kind of way? Usually worn with flip flops and sometimes looked okay but other times was just a bad idea depending on the combination? Well the way gallerist Elizabeth here is wearing it, it totally works and doesn't look out of place in an art gallery in New York. And here's why: the dress is really simple and the jeans are tight enough to almost be leggings. (I won't say "jeggings". I think that's a really retarded word) I also love how she has the jeans unzipped over her shoes. A good solution for those of us who are vertically challenged. (aka short)

And can I also talk just a moment about the hair? I love super short hair on women. In fact any hair that isn't shoulder length or longer. Okay, I don't hate long hair and my hair used to be super long for years it's just so...safe and predictable. I'm excited to see some of the punk influence popping up in hair but I'd love to see a bit more variety out there 
elizabeth2
Detail shot of the shoes/jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy